Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Beauty of Time

I think it is absolutely beautiful that as I am going to bed, many are waking up. As I end my day others are beginning their day.

I tend to have this idea that Time belongs to me and will do as I command. But in reality Time belongs to no human mind and cannot be confined or pressured into doing what we want. Time is something that we can count on minute to minute. It never fails us as the seconds go by. But if you try to put time into a nicely wrapped box with all your plans in it, Time will jump out quicker than you can imangine.

I am constanly trying to "lasso" Time and hog tie it to whatever I am feeling at the time. But what good does that do me? It gives me the satisfaction of feeling like I know what my life holds for me. It gives me the illusion that I can control when my life happens. "I'll go home in Decemeber, start an MBA program, work for year, and then go back to China where my heart is."

Who do I think I am to tell Time that this is how its going to work?

I think it is absolutely beautiful that as I go to bed, people are waking up. And I believe that it is even more beautiful that no matter how much I try to tell Time what to do, it wont give in. Time will let me experience life as it comes, day to day, not as I plan it.