Wednesday, February 13, 2008

When Thank You doesnt mean Thank You

I feel like the meaning of "Thank You" has completely left phrase.

I am constantly the recipient of immeasurable generosity. Since the day I left the States I have said thank you to many times to remember. And now when I say the phrase it feeling like any 2 words put together that have absolutely no meaning. How can I say thank you in a way that people see the actually graditude I have in my heart?

For awhile the nod of my head or a small smile seemed bridge the gap between the words of my mouth and the emotions in my heart. But now I cant seem to find a way to explain to people that buying me a cup of coffee or asking me over for dinner means so much to me. How do I tell them that its because of people like them at home and all over the world that I am able to be doing what I am doing?

Most the people dont even expect a thank you and maybe its more my problem with learning how to accept generosity than anything. But either way, I wish there was a way to open a window to my heart so that those people could look in for just a moment and see how much they mean to me.

Thank You. Again and again and again and again.

No comments: