Sunday, March 16, 2008

My Anniversary

It has been a year since I jumped on my first flight from LAX to Peru. Since then I have traversed 4 continents, traveled through 10 countries, and have taken part in 6 volunteer projects.

Its been quite a year.

Though my calender says its been 12 months since I left, I dont feel like I have been gone that long. Each new place seems to consume me and my time there is over before I know it. Its not until I sit and read through my journal or go through the posts from last March that I am aware of the time that has passed.

I am beyond grateful for being able to do what I am doing. This is my dream. I remember sitting in my office in San Francisco, fed up with work and life in general, and thinking to myself that it would be amazing to just leave all this behind and go. See the world. Do something different for a change.

And now here I am, a year later with another 10 months to go.

Thank you to everyone who has been supporting me in this journey/pilgrimage/trip in any way. Thank to all my family and friends for constantly writing and making me feel as if you are just a phone call away. I will be forever in your debt.

Here's to another year of living, learning, and feeling.

No comments: